headphone hook keyunction with sgtl5000 codec

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

headphone hook keyunction with sgtl5000 codec

ifzhao
Contributor I

can anybody knows how to realize headphone hook key function with sgtl5000 codec?

we plan to add headphone hook key in our imx6 board(with  sgtl5000 on it). and we have concluded that on our platform, when key on headphone was pressed, the voltage of mic pin will be changed to 0.

but this pin haven't wired to cpu. it only be wired to sgtl5000 codec as mic input. so cpu can not know the event about hook key pressed.

and i also haven't found any headphone key detect function described in sgtl5000 spec.

i guess there are some particular hardware design for realizing headphone key function on sgtl5000 codec, or sgtl5000 can not do headphone hook key function ?

can anybody tell me ,many thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lixiaohui
Contributor II

headphone hook key detection is basic function for codec and android multimedia systems, from my viewpoint.

i don't believe that sgtl5000 have not the ability to realize it .  i think may be we should add some hook gpio pin , let it be wired directly to cpu. and except this solution,  if we use sgtl5000 to realize this function , how to do it?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi If

I am afraid sgtl5000 can not support this function, also

microphone is connected to MIC_IN through series capacitor.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ifzhao
Contributor I

Hi  igor,

Thanks for your reply.

BTW.Have you ever got hook function with sgtl5000 if the circuit is fully designed?

And how?igorpadykov

0 Kudos