cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer imxeglvivsink not working ?

amitchawla
Contributor I

Hi,

I have been using Ubuntu image (from wandboard.org) , and trying to play streams using gstreamer EGL sink - imxeglvivsink .

But all I can see is a blank/black screen.

I have tried the following pipelines... all of them yield the same result, a blank/black screen.

1) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform ! imxeglvivsink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

[INFO] Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

[INFO] bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0

Pipeline is PREROLLED ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstSystemClock

2) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxeglvivsink

3) gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform ! "video/x-raw, width=500, height=480, format=RGB" ! videoconvert dither=0 ! imxeglvivsink

Using imxipuvideosink plays the streams normally.

Could it be due to the Vivante GPU drivers... or some other reason. I have libVivante and libEGL already installed.... I am doubting if they are the correct ones (versions).

I colleague of mine.... installed new drivers(libs) from gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.10.17-1.0.2.tar.gz and had his system crashed...with no display.

Could you please point to the problem..... My aim is to use gstreamer plugins to enable GPU render acceleration from my X window application ??

Would be really thankful for the reply.

Amit

0 Kudos
3 Replies

amitchawla
Contributor I

Hi...

Please waiting for some reply....

Thanks and REgards

Amit

0 Kudos

amitchawla
Contributor I

Hi,

The following are the debug messages from imxeglvivsink ..... Could you please shed some light ?

ubuntu@wandboard:~$ GST_DEBUG=2,imxeglvivsink:10 gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/VidAVC.h264 ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform ! imxeglvivsink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
[INFO] Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
[INFO] bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
0:00:00.545555667  2376 0x6bb020c0 ERROR       imxgles2renderer ../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:265:gst_imx_egl_viv_sink_gles2_renderer_check_gl_error: [viewport] [glViewport] error: invalid operation
0:00:00.548045000  2376 0x6bb020c0 ERROR       imxgles2renderer ../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:265:gst_imx_egl_viv_sink_gles2_renderer_check_gl_error: [vertex shader] [glCreateShader] error: invalid operation
0:00:00.548196333  2376 0x6bb020c0 ERROR       imxgles2renderer ../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:190:gst_imx_egl_viv_sink_gles2_renderer_thread: setting up resources failed - stopping thread
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:34.166394005

Thanks and REgards

Amit

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, it is for Vivante GPU drivers, you can try other sink to instead it.

0 Kudos