gstreamer 1.0 freescale doesn't have imxv4l2sink plugin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer 1.0 freescale doesn't have imxv4l2sink plugin

jamalmohiuddin
Contributor III

We have a imx6 Based Board and were using gstreamer0.10 for our application with the following pipeline:

gst-launch-0.10 imxv4l2src ! imxv4l2sink

I have upgraded from gstreamer0.10 to gstreamer1.0 and when I run the above command, it says there is no imxv4l2sink.

gst-inspect-1.0 also doesn't list that particular plugin. How can i know stream the camera content to my display. Can you please help me in constructing the pipeline.

I am able to play video by using the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/mnt/videoTest.webm ! matroskademux ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideosink

Also tried the other sinks but didn't worked...

gst-launch-1.0  imxv4l2src ! imxg2dvideosink

Please help me to create the correct pipeline to stream from Camera to Display

Labels (4)
2 Replies

jamalmohiuddin
Contributor III

Thanks for your comment.

I got this working after installing the latest package from the github..Version:0.12.3

And now the following command works to stream the camera content on to the display..

gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc ! imxipuvideosink

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jamal,

Apparently gstreamer plugins is not installed correctly in your system, also for supported streamming protocol containers, sample usage for 30fps VPU=264Mhz is:

gst-launch imxv4l2src device=/dev/videoX fps-n=30 capture-mode=4 ! queue ! vpuenc codec=6 !
matroskamux ! filesink location=/dev/shm/output.mkv sync=false

for Video calling gstreamer on the framebuffer:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/*.webm ! video/x-matroska ! matroskademux ! imxvpudec ! queue max-size-buffers=2 ! imxeglvivsink

The simplest way to get overlay under Linux - using overlaysink plugin, as described in
section  7.5 (Overlaysink usage) of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf” :

“The overlaysink plugin is based on the GPU. It provides two main functions for video rendering:

• Video Overlay: composites multiple video playbacks into the same display.

• Multiple Display: shows videos to multiple displays, up to four displays.”

Please refer to section (Multiple videos overlay) for example.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617...

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

Hope this helps

0 Kudos