cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate binary for OTA

low_stack
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a custom board with mimxrt1021 M7 processor and nrf52 chip. I am using MCUXpresso IDE. There is no problem that I can build my project and flash my binary file to the board using Jlink. The problem is when i want to use OTA update. The binary file generated from MCUXpresso IDE doesnt work when i use over the air update, but it works if i flash the same binary using jlink debug probe. Does anyoen have an advice for this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What kind of OTA update you use? you update the binary to the same address just as jlink did?

low_stack
Contributor II

i am using bluetooth connection to update nxp side and actually i dont know which address ota update starts as it was already implemented before i owned the firmware :).  for the jlink part i am updateing the address starting from 0x60000000. by the way while i am updateing via jlink xip_boot_header_enable symbol is 1 in the firmware. i also tried to disable xip_boot_header_enable symbol for ota. when this symbol disabled ota update works but i got a error about "initing uart" in the firmware and firmware doesnt work consistent. To learn which address updated at ota, should i look the bootloader project in nxp firmware? sorry i am new at ota and really dont know the mechanism how to update firmware over the air :).

0 Kudos

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You team designed the bluetooth bootloader right? you may need to check the code.

You can read back the content from flash to see the difference between ota updating and jlink downloading

0 Kudos

low_stack
Contributor II

Thank you for your advice, to read back from flash is there any program to use? in mcuxpresso ide is there any tool to read back from flash?

0 Kudos