download link for latest uboot for imx6q-sdb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download link for latest uboot for imx6q-sdb

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

Where is the download link for latest uboot for imx6q-sdb? How do I build from source code?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

Thank you again. Both of you helped me very much. With your help I got the source code successfully and also started the build. This is good news. I hope it is possible to separately flash uboot to eprom on the board. If you have instructions for that please let me know. It may be a different question. Thank you for the previous answers.

0 Kudos

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

Thank you for the answers. I got the source code. I started the build process with bitbake command. It is taking a long time. I have follow up question. We got iMX 6Q sabre sd board and it came with SD card. When I booted with the SD card it had android. The console showed very old uboot from 2009. I want to install new uboot to the board such that I can start without sd card. Then it should show on console the uboot. Then the sd card should have kernel and android which I plan to flash separately. Is that possible? can the uboot be saved to eeprom so that the sd card can have just kernel and android. How to get the uboot file, install or flash or copy to the eeprom. Is it aslo possible to build uboot+kernel+latest android nougat and use that on the same board? instead of the sd card that I got in the kit?

0 Kudos

tungho
Contributor III

Hi there,

I had some issue with u-boot before. However, I was able to get it resolved.

Give the attached document a try. The build link should be included there.

Essentially i did: 'bitbake core-image-minimal' for my imx6 board (type: MCIMX6Q-SDB), which only allows a device to boot.

Hope it helps,
TH

0 Kudos

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

I tried to follow the pdf document. "Freescale Yacto project users's guide" from 04/2015. I get errors in downloading the source. Here is the copy paste of error.

ubuntu64:~/fsl-release-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.28-1.0.0_ga

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

fatal: cannot obtain manifest git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

---------I also tried i.MX Yocto project user's guide from revision 10/2016. Here the repository link is different but I get similar error. See below copy paste.

ubuntu64:~/fsl-release-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth

0 Kudos

tungho
Contributor III

Hi there,

Have you got it resolved yet ?? If yes, that's wonderful.
Otherwise, below are some of the steps [and/or workarounds] I did.
Also, I may have issued the "sudo" command in some of the steps...
And my OS is a [fresh] UBUNTU 14.04 LTS 32-Bit.

1. [update or upgrade software on my computer]
2. sudo apt-get install many-required-packages-for-this-build
3. mkdir ~/bin
   curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
   chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
4. export PATH=~/bin:$PATH
5. mkdir fsl-release-bsp
6. cd fsl-release-bsp
7. git config --global user.name  "Put-Your-Name-Here"
8. git config --global user.email "Put-Your-Email-Here"
9. git config --list
10. repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.28-1.0.0_ga
11. repo sync

Thanks,
TH

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When 'repo init' process is completed, the source code is checked out into the directory <BSP-Directory>/sources. A successful initialization will end with a message stating that Repo is initialized in your working directory. Your client directory should contain a hidden .repo directory where files such as the manifest will be kept.

First you may update and upgrade your host machine. If errors occur during repo initialization, try deleting the .repo directory and running the repo initialization command again.

If the problems persists verify that you have internet connection and you may contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or proxy server this may avoid connection to repo.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra,

In the following link you can find the official uboot provided by NXP

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/auto/u-boot.git/ 

Here you can find the uboot developed by community external to NXP

GitHub - Freescale/u-boot-fslc: U-Boot tree to host pending fixes and improvements 

Finally, if you build a whole Yocto image with the latest release it will provide latest uboot developed until its release.

L4.1.15_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

I tried to follow the pdf document. "Freescale Yacto project users's guide" from 04/2015. I get errors in downloading the source. Here is the copy paste of error.

ubuntu64:~/fsl-release-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.28-1.0.0_ga

---------I also tried i.MX Yocto project user's guide from revision 10/2016. Here the repository link is different but I get similar error. See below copy paste.

ubuntu64:~/fsl-release-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth

0 Kudos

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

Here is an example of instructions from boundarydevices.com. This is only example about their uboot and how to upgrade. Similarly I wish to get from NXP so that we can use the board I bought from NXP.

https://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-v2017-03/

<https://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-v2017-03/>

U-Boot v2017.03 - Boundary Devices<https://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-v2017-03/>

boundarydevices.com

We're glad to release the latest U-Boot v2017.03 with support for all our platforms: https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6/tree/boundary-v2017.03 For the impatient Our build server automatically generates and uploads all the latest binaries to this address: http://linode.boundarydevices.com/u-boot-images/ The README file contains the exact commit ID ...

0 Kudos

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply. Downloading from first link gives me the source code. Where can I find the Uboot that I can install? Also the installation instructions. First I want to try to upgrade the uboot I got on the default freescale board since it is very old version from 2013. I need a uboot version such that I can run Nougat. So uboot that supports the latest Kernel that Nougat uses. Hence the need to upgrade. Is the uboot instruction and uboot installation file within the source code link you sent? I could not find it. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos