cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

devregs support for 6sololite

jayakumar2
Contributor V

Hi fsl friends,

I'm using a 6sololite based board. I noticed the devregs tool which I think could be really useful. I checked out the tree at : devregs/dat at master · boundarydevices/devregs · GitHub

But I can't seem to find a DAT file for 6sololite. In particular, the EIM and EPDC registers would be pretty useful to me. I am curious if the dat file maybe hosted somewhere else and I just haven't found it. Otherwise, I suppose I could generate it using the kernel headers but it is probably a decent amount of work.

Thanks,

jayakumar

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaya

for devregs usage one can look at

devregs - tool to display and modify a device's registers at runtime

probably you may wish to use imx-test/memtool

http://repository.timesys.com/buildsources/i/imx-test/imx-test-3.14.28-1.0.0/

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jayakumar2
Contributor V

Igor,

Thanks for your reply. But I think you may have misunderstood my question. I'm not asking how to use devregs, I've used it before. I've repeated my question below:

I can't seem to find a DAT file for 6sololite. In particular, the EIM and EPDC registers would be pretty useful to me. I am curious if the dat file maybe hosted somewhere else and I just haven't found it. Otherwise, I suppose I could generate it using the kernel headers but it is probably a decent amount of work.

So my question is about the DAT file for 6sololite devregs. Yes, I understand I could make it myself. I already use memtool currently and I'm looking for something better with named registers and bitfields which is what devregs does.

Thanks,

jaya

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Jaya

this utility was provided by boundary devices,

so proper way to post this question on its forum or

meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with that

particular BSP could try to assist you

http://boundarydevices.com/blog/

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

~igor

0 Kudos

EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jaya,

Igor is right (this tool was authored by Boundary Devices), but it's also on Github for a reason (so that others can contribute).

We update it when we're working on different processors (and will do so with i.MX6 SoloX soon).

We don't have plans to release a board with the i.MX6 SoloLite, so I'm afraid we won't be adding .dat files for that processor.

I can offer insight into how we and others have gathered this information:

I hope this helps.

Eric