次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

build own u-boot SRC_URI fails

1,173件の閲覧回数
floriankoenig
Contributor II

hi,

i got a u-boot.tgz package and want to build this package instead of the imx u-boot. I created a own layer and inside this i created meta-my-u-boot/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-my.bb and put the u-boot.tgz file into meta-my-u-boot/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/ .

Then i put into build/conf/local.conf the line   PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader = "u-boot-my"  

Then i run   bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot-my     and  bitbake u-boot-my    . Both run without errors, but do not build anything ?

If i run  bitbake -c devshell u-boot-my   and then in the newly opened shell i type "env|grep CC"  it tells me it uses arm-poky-linux-gnueabi   but in my build/tmp/work/  folder are only  all-poky-linux/ , imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/ , cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/, cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/ , x86_64_linux/   and x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux    ?

It seemed to use the wrong compiler ?  Why are not error messages appear when i build it without  -c devshell ?

My u-boot-my.bb file content is very simple:

FILESEXTRAPATH_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files

require recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot.inc

PROVIDES += "u-boot"

LICENSE...

LIC_FILES_CHK.....

SRC_URI = "file://u-boot-my.tgz"

S = "${WORKDIR}/u-boot-my

PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "(mx6|mx7)"

What do i wrong ? 

thanks

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)

971件の閲覧回数
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Florian Koenig,

Your recipe seems to be correctly executed but it does not produce a result as there are no instructions to compile and install the source code. I would recommend looking at the current u-boot recipe and doing something similar for yours. Alternatively, you should be able to do an append to the recipe to change the source of the original recipe, although I haven’t tried that route.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 件の賞賛
返信

971件の閲覧回数
floriankoenig
Contributor II

hi gusarambula,

why do i need instructions for compiling and installing ?  When i look at e.g. meta-freescale-3rdparty/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-gateworks-imx_2015.04.bb   there are also no compile/install instructions and it simply seemed to use the compiler and stuff from the information it gets through e.g local.conf , or?

I only see in files (e.g. meta-freescale-3rdparty/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-script-boundary_git.bb) the instruction to do_compile or do_install, but these files create bootscripts not u-boot binary ?

To use a .bbappend file i need a patch of all changed files of u-boot, with a .bb file i try to simply change the SRC_URI to another location. With a .bb file i could change the SRC_URI, i thought .

0 件の賞賛
返信

971件の閲覧回数
floriankoenig
Contributor II

How can i change the defconfig file that should be used to build u-boot from mx6qsabresd_defconfig to  my_defconfig ?     When i use UBOOT_MACHINE  it complains about not using UBOOT_CONFIG and UBOOT_MACHINE together  ?

0 件の賞賛
返信

971件の閲覧回数
floriankoenig
Contributor II

i changed UBOOT_CONFIG[sd] inside meta-freescale/conf/machine/imx6qsabresd.conf  because nothing changed it from inside  build/conf/local.conf  .  There are so many configuration settings and then i need to alter a file inside a meta-package ?  I cannot believe that this is the best solution ? Perhaps someone could help me

0 件の賞賛
返信