build_debug.sh

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build_debug.sh

usala
Contributor III

I am trying to build Eval IMMXRT1176 Ethernet AVB demo as build_debug.sh and I get the following error: `itcm' overflowed by 55880 bytes.  See attached log.  What can I do to fix this issue.  I do need the debug version.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos
10 Replies

usala
Contributor III

Rogge,

See my replies to Jeremy on the same issue.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information about your question, so I was wondering if you can introduce the testing environment, such as IDE, error message, etc.
Further, I didn't find the attached log.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Did you even read the post from a week ago last Friday which included NXP documentation explaining step by step how to setup the environment.  It is obvious that your are putting the minimum amount of effort on this issue.  I am re-opening this issue with NXP and explain that after several weeks I am not getting the support I need.

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

It is not an IDE is command line Linux Cmake build environment.  I have attached the NXP's documentation for the AVB eval kit as well as the error log.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Sorry for the reply late and I'm working on it now.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Also related tot his issue I get a hard fault when building and loading ram_debug version of the code.   I am trying to build an image that I can debug by attaching to the  a debug version using SEGGER's Ozone.  See attached capture of the hard fault displayed at the shell.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you can introduce the testing steps, as I'd like to replicate your phenomenon and it can help me to work it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

See attached NXP manual I am using MIXMRT1170-EVK.  On page 8 the code gets build using ./build_release.sh command.  On this same directory there is also build_debug.sh and build_ram_debug.sh which are what I need to debug.

When I execute ./build_debug.sh I get the following error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 99%] Building C object CMakeFiles/avb_app_sdk_obj.dir/home/ulises/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/boards/evkmimxrt1170/mcu-sdk/rtos/freertos/freertos_kernel/tasks.c.obj
[100%] Building C object CMakeFiles/avb_app_sdk_obj.dir/home/ulises/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/boards/evkmimxrt1170/mcu-sdk/rtos/freertos/freertos_kernel/timers.c.obj
[100%] Built target avb_app_sdk_obj
[100%] Linking C executable debug/avb_app.elf
/home/ulises/gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: debug/avb_app.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `itcm'
/home/ulises/gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `itcm' overflowed by 55016 bytes
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/avb_app.elf.dir/build.make:307: debug/avb_app.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:100: CMakeFiles/avb_app.elf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Sorry for replying late.
Actually, I don't encounter the build issue after following the
NXP_GenAVB_TSN_MCUXpresso_User_s_Guide_3_3_rev1, you can see that I can generate the image.

jeremyzhou_0-1646125027305.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Jeremy,

You are building the wrong project and the release build not the debug build.

From: genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5\boards\evkmimxrt1170\demo_apps\avb_tsn\avb_audio_app\armgcc\

run ./build_debug.sh and you'll see the issue as in the original attachment.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos