cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

booting linux on i.mx6 solox

mmmtq2011
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm beginner at NXP community, and I wish to know how to install linux on i.mx 6solox, knowing that I don't have LVDS display that's shown in this guide. and I wonder if I can boot the i.mx 6 without a display, by monitoring it from my host (using PuTTY for instance?). 

another question: is the image file stored inside the SD card that comes with the i.mx 6soloX box, is enough to boot Linux? some tutorials explain how to copy the image to the SD card, so I wonder why do we need to copy the image while it is already there.

Last question: I've been looking for a guide to how to install and use uboot on linux, I think it's required for the booting process. but I couldn't find anything useful.

I'm sorry if my questions seem too stupid.

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammed

for installing and using linux on i.MX6SX one can start with documentation on

i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

>if I can boot the i.mx 6 without a display, by monitoring it from my host
>(using PuTTY for instance?).

yes

> is the image file stored inside the SD card that comes with the i.mx 6soloX box, is enough to boot Linux?

yes, included demo image can be used for booting linux on i.MX6SX Sabre SD board.

>I've been looking for a guide to how to install and use uboot on linux

One can look at Linux documentation (Linux Guide, Porting Guide) on link:
i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

or general uboot web tutorials:

BuildingUBootAndLinux < Training < DENX 

U-Boot programming: A tutorial -- Part I | xillybus.com 

https://linux-sunxi.org/U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos