adb push command not transferring a file from a host to IMX8MQEVK Android12 Prebuilt image .

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adb push command not transferring a file from a host to IMX8MQEVK Android12 Prebuilt image .

rmani0029
Contributor I

Hi,

I flashed a prebuilt  "android-12.0.0_1.0.0_image_8mqevk.tar.gz" to an sd card and the image booted successfully.

I am trying to copy a file using "adb push" in the host terminal to destination "/vendor/etc/" of  imx8mqevk android image and encountered with the following error.

adb push  gps_cfg.inf  /vendor/etc/
adb: error: failed to copy 'gps_cfg.inf' to '/vendor/etc/gps_cfg.inf': remote couldn't create file: Read-only file system

gps_cfg.inf: 0 files pushed. 0.1 MB/s (391 bytes in 0.005s)

I tried to change the file system permissions by following the steps in adb shell,

mount -o rw, remount  /system
7|evk_8mq:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system
mount: '/system' not in /proc/mounts

7|evk_8mq:/ # remount
Skipping /product for remount
Skipping /system for remount
Skipping /system_ext for remount
Skipping /vendor for remount
No partitions to remount
remount failed

Looking for proper steps to change the file system permissions and initiate the file transfer. Anything to resolve this issue would be more helpful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rmani0029 ,

I'm working on i.MX8M Plus with "android-12.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mpevk".

I tried to push a file to the Android Device via ADB shell and I follow the following steps to successfully have the permissions and make a push and pull operations:

1. In Windows CMD, type "adb devices" to be sure the device is recognized.
2. Type the command "adb root". With this command, you will receive a message like this "restarting adbd as root".
3. Type the command "adb remount". With this command, you will receive a message as this "remount succeeded".

With these commands ("adb root" and "adb remount") you will have root permissions.

4. Use "add push" to copy your file.
5. Finally, go to the android shell using "adb shell" and review the file in the correct path.

I hope this information will be helpful.
Have a great day.

Best regards,
Brian.

0 Kudos

rmani0029
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried the steps you suggested, but afterward, the same problems persisted.

I've attached the corresponding logs.

agl@agl-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/Quectel_Android_GPS_Driver_V2.2.9/libgps$ adb devices

List of devices attached

191359d6f0609912 device

agl@agl-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/Quectel_Android_GPS_Driver_V2.2.9/libgps$ adb root

adbd is already running as root

agl@agl-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/Quectel_Android_GPS_Driver_V2.2.9/libgps$ adb remount

Skipping /product for remount

Skipping /system for remount

Skipping /system_ext for remount

Skipping /vendor for remount

No partitions to remount

remount failed

agl@agl-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/Quectel_Android_GPS_Driver_V2.2.9/libgps$ adb push gps_cfg.inf /vendor/etc/

adb: error: failed to copy 'gps_cfg.inf' to '/vendor/etc/gps_cfg.inf': remote couldn't create file: Read-only file system

gps_cfg.inf: 0 files pushed. 0.2 MB/s (391 bytes in 0.002s)

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rmani0029 ,

Thank you for your reply.
In addition to the instructions, I sent you in my last answer, it seems the problem is about permissions.

You can try using the following commands:

$adb root
$adb disable-verity
$adb reboot

And then you can follow the steps I sent in the last answer.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos