cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto and i.MX6 based development project

misbahk
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am using the fsl yocto project for building my own system using the standard kernel + uboot + filesystem from freescale and adding + modifying the BSP from Freescale.

I am new to yocto but would like to use it and maintain it for future projects and development.

How can i have my own customized BSP from freescale and use it under yocto project.

Reference documentation and study material where can i find. Please suggest.

I would also need, the same yocto project to build ubuntu image or may be Android image using the same kernel and u-boot of mine customized from freescale.

Making use of the yocto's capability.

Please suggest and guide in this direction. Also share with the study material + your guidance and supporting documents to achieve and do the thing in the best possible way and use the yocto the best possible way.

Regards,

Misbah

0 Kudos
5 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, please refer to attached documents. They also can be found as the parts of the documentation bundle of corresponding BSP. Hope they will be helpful.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

misbahk
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks !

Do you think these two doc are enough.

I will read and will come back.

-- Misbah

0 Kudos

misbahk
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have two requirements as :

1. i have mine custom board for which i will generate the patch out of freescale released BSP (kernel+bootloader), when ever i have to compile the project i shall apply my patch to the freescale BSP and compile.

2. I need to have a mechanism such that when freescale updates to the new release of BSP with with updated kernel version or/and updated bootloader mine yocto project shall be able to update to the same and shall be able to apply my patch to it and build.

Let me know how shall we have this in place. Please help with supporting doc or links ...

Thank you,

---- Misbah

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We don't have such a mechanism you describe.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

misbahk
Contributor I

Thanks Arthur,

What is the best that we can do, based on our requirement ...

Or something similar which is possible with yocto as the build system.

--- Misbah

0 Kudos