Yocto: Add/replace file from kernel sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto: Add/replace file from kernel sources

martindusek
Contributor V

I want to replace a file with my version of the file (replace it, not patch) in kernel source and add new file to kernel source. I want to do this during bitbaking my linux image from my custom meta layer. I use github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc.git, branch 4.1-1.0.x-imx kernel and I want to replace and add file in arch/arm/boot/dts. How to do it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin Dusek,

You would be using linux-imx as your kernel, from what I understand. The recipes on the BSP Release or Community BSP already use this as the kernel for all the NXP Machines.

You would need to change the linux-imx_<VERSION>.bb information on where to obtain the source code. For example for 4.1.15’s BSP would be from linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, which is located on the following path of the BSP Release:

<FSL-RELEASE-BSP >/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/ linux-imx_4.1.15.bb

As for the device tree you should be able to add the instructions on adding it on the same recipe as it already includes linux-dtb.inc, where the default dtb files are included.

I hope this general guidelines help!

Regards,

0 Kudos