YOCTO emmc build 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOCTO emmc build 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK

LR_PIoT
Contributor I

Hello, I'm currently trying to create a yocto linux build that can be flashed onto the 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK. Reading the release notes for NXP Embedded Linux it lists emmc on the IMX8MPEVK as supported, however the yocto project user's guide only list ecc fspi and sd as supported. I added the emmc command onto local.conf file and that produced build errors. I followed another thread that said I should edit my machine conf file doing this got a build but the build gives errors when trying to flash onto emmc via uuu. "Error: fail open file: Build_Folder" Is it possible to create build for the 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK that supports emmc flashing? Thanks Again

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LR_PIoT!

Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Sorry for the confusion!

The .sd image is for MMC and SD cards.

You can flash the image in the emmc with the next command:

uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-sd.bin-flash_evk imx-image-full-imx8mpevk.wic

I am using our precompiled image (6.1.22)

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos

LR_PIoT
Contributor I

Hello, I followed the instructions provided and was able to get past my previously mentioned error and successfully flash. However when powering on the evk nothing happens I see a power led lit and the my usb devices attached turn on but turn off after a bit then turn back on. I also get zero output from hdmi. I flashed the 6.1.1 build as well as my yocto build with both having the same results.

Edit: Unplugging my usb hub during boot fixed the issue. Thanks again.

0 Kudos

ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Based on the information you've provided, it seems like you're trying to create a Yocto Linux build for the 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK that supports eMMC flashing. However, you're encountering errors when trying to flash the build onto eMMC via uuu.

The guide describes how to build an image for an i.MX board using a Yocto Project build environment, and it also outlines the i.MX release layer and i.MX-specific usage.

Files used to build an image are stored in layers, and some of the files in a layer are called recipes. Yocto Project recipes contain the mechanism to retrieve source code, build, and package a component. The layers used in this release include meta-imx, meta-bsp, meta-sdk, meta-ml, and meta-v2x.

Given this information, it's possible that the issue you're encountering is related to the specific layers or recipes you're using in your build. However, without more specific information about the build errors you're encountering, it's difficult to provide a more precise solution.

As a starting point, I would recommend checking the layers and recipes you're using in your build, and ensuring that they are compatible with eMMC flashing. You might also want to check the specific error messages you're receiving when trying to flash the build onto eMMC, as these could provide clues about what's going wrong.

0 Kudos

LR_PIoT
Contributor I

Hello, I'm following the i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide to create my build. I set the machine as IMX8MP-LPDDR4-EVK. I was able to build the imx-multimedia-image but as stated on the pdf uboot defaults to SD card. The only options the guide lists as additional uboot-configs is fspi sd and eec. That is where I'm currently stuck since there isn't a config for emmc on the yocto guide for my machine.

0 Kudos