What is this Yocto MACHINE (=imx8dxmek)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this Yocto MACHINE (=imx8dxmek)?

cgiordano
Contributor III

I see in the NXP Yocto Project User's Guide for the v.5.4.47 kernel and it lists a MACHINE=imx8dxmek.  What is this device?  Yes, it is an i.MX8 Dual X processor, but I searched for this on the web and nothing comes up at all...  I have the NXP provided i.MX8QXPMEK dev kit (MCIMX8QXP-CPU) and I can build Yocto for this kit (imx-image-multimedia), so where's the i.MX8 Dual X MEK stuff at to purchase - or anything that suggests this is a real "thing"?  I only ask about this i.MX8 Dual X because I am interested in this i.MX8 and want to understand more about the Dual X schematic for the MEK board that supports it - as I have for the QXP MEK.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sgiordano,

The i.MX8DX can be used in yocto but there is no board, so you have to take the MX8QX and enter the yocto output for MX8DX.

Regards

0 Kudos

cgiordano
Contributor III

I don't understand what you are asking here.  I built an image for the imx8dxmek and I get a *.wic file for this.  I want to flash this via UUU as I would for an image I generate for the i.MX8QXP MEK. 

But in the end, there is no board for this, it is imaginary.  Great... 

0 Kudos