What is the minimum time required to place a BoardIoctl call from M4 core to scfw (board.c)?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

What is the minimum time required to place a BoardIoctl call from M4 core to scfw (board.c)?

1,023 次查看
ShivaShankarKonda
Contributor II

Hello NXP team,

I am facing a timing issue with scfw requests from M4 core.  Including the "ipc open" and "ipc close" commands, it is taking 4ms. Is this time duration as expected? Any method to reduce the time?

At scfw board.c , we did not implement any immediate action, instead we copy the arguments and exit from "boarl_ioctl" function so that M4 need not wait till the action is done. The request processing is done only in the next iteration of board_tick(). So wrt M4, the scfw request is asynchronous. Still, it is consuming 4ms. 

Processor is MIMX8DX5AVLFZAC

Please find the attachments for more details.

1. Screenshot of the code in M4 where time measurement points are marked

2. Screenshot of the implementation in "board_ioctl"

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva

0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数

901 次查看
ShivaShankarKonda
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. The 4ms time was taken due to the debug prints added in board.c. It's resolved now. Kindly close this ticket.

0 项奖励
回复

902 次查看
ShivaShankarKonda
Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. The long execution time was due to the debug prints added in board.c. Its resolved now. Please close this query.

0 项奖励
回复

964 次查看
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ShivaShankarKonda

Thank you for your patience.

I have reviewed this case, and this is an expected time based on clocks configured for this function.
You can try to manipulate these clocks, but it is not recommended.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Have a great day!

0 项奖励
回复

971 次查看
ShivaShankarKonda
Contributor II
Kindly reply.
0 项奖励
回复