cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpdateSemcClock API issue. Facing Hard Fault error

Meher_Vanukuri
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm flashing the demo example of Ethernet_ping_Cm7 on our Custom board. But, it is showing Hard Fault error even though QSPI size is 16MB same as RT1176 EVK Board. The code is working on EVK but, same demo example is not working on our custom board. What might be the issue.

Pleas help me with this. Kindly go through the attachments.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Meher_Vanukuri
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have tried to flash different demo examples like LedBlink, GPIO, SDcard and LPSPI on our custom board, they all are working fine. But the problem we are facing only with ETHERNET. I am not using internal RAM, but using QSPI for flashing. The hardware configuration for EVK and custom board everything we have kept same. But unable to figure out the issue. 

Please help me with this issue.

0 Kudos

ramprakash12
Contributor II

Based on the information provided, it seems like you are encountering a Hard Fault error when running the Ethernet_ping_Cm7 demo on your custom board, even though the same demo runs fine on the RT1176 EVK Board. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including differences in hardware configuration, memory allocation, or even the toolchain used for building and flashing the demo.

One possible cause could be the memory configuration. The RT1176 EVK Board has a QSPI size of 16MB, and you mentioned that your custom board also has the same QSPI size. However, it's important to ensure that the memory is correctly configured in your project settings.

Another possible cause could be differences in the hardware configuration between the EVK and your custom board. Even small differences in the hardware, such as the clock configuration or the pin assignments, can lead to issues when running the same code.

Lastly, it's also possible that the issue could be related to the toolchain or the process used for building and flashing the demo.

Without more specific information about the error and your custom board, it's hard to provide a more specific solution. However, I hope these suggestions can help you in troubleshooting the issue.

0 Kudos

Meher_Vanukuri
Contributor I

Hi,

I have tried to flash different demo examples like LedBlink, GPIO, SDcard and LPSPI on our custom board, they all are working fine. But the problem we are facing only with ETHERNET. I am not using internal RAM, but using QSPI for flashing. The hardware configuration for EVK and custom board everything we have kept same. But unable to figure out the issue. 

Please help me with this issue.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good!

0 Kudos