USB OTG can't be detected by PC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG can't be detected by PC

Contributor III

hello everyone, now my USB otg can't de detected by PC,so that i can't the Mfgtools,I have measure the VBUS power is 5v,and USB_otg_ID is 3.3v.my board is riotboard, chip is imx6solo,BSP is L4.1.15,thanks for help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

dluberger
Contributor V

Just thought I'd chime in because Ive had problems with this as well. Is this a custom board and have you tried both bootmode settings, 01 and 10? On my custom board I accidentally had the two pins wired backward.  The board should show up as hid hid complaint device in mfgtool and you should not be getting the bootloader showing up in the console; keep the console connected and open to verify this. The sd card definitely needs to stay inserted at all times while the board is powered. Did you put pullups or pulldowns on the bootmode lines?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi qiang

one can check 24MHz crystal stability defined in i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Also pay attention to usb layout requirements described in that document.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks for you to give me suggestions, now i'll describe more details about my questions for you.

I have check 24MHz crystal, it's always between in 23.75MHz and 24.15MHz, is ok?

First, my board can download uboot,zImage,rootfs by mfgtools before and the function is ok, but now when i select the BOOTMODE[1:0] = 01, and plug the usb cable into the OTG interface,but the mfgtools can't detect the HID device. then, the image can normally run,that's to say, i set BOOTMODE[1:0] = 01 means to Serial Downloader mode, but now I thought it goes into the Internal Boot mode, because the uboot will run immediately once power on, but the BOOTMODE[1:0] is setting to 01, i can't understand. then when after uboot run, I print he SRC_SBMR1 and SRC_SBMR2 in uboot, i can read the BOOTMODE[1:0] is  01 from SRC_SBMR2 register, but why it doesn't go into  Serial Downloader mode?

Secondly, my uboot, kernel, rootfs can run normally,

I mean the board is ok to connect Mfgtoos via USB OTG before, but now it's bad, i can't understand what's wrong.

thank you very much, Looking forward to you reply.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi qiang

according to i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide Table 2-20. 24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines

crystal frequency tolerance for usb 150ppm, seems your deviation exceed it.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov,

I found the cause why uboot still runs when I set BOOTMODE[1:0] = 01. when i remove the insert SD card, the uboot won't run any more. Now I think this should be in Serial Downloader mode. but why it will run when i insert the SD card, and BOOTMODE[1:0] setting is not 10?

But now OTG still can't be detected by PC.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov

i think maybe it's not the primary cause, 150ppm means +/- 0.0036MHz, we always can't meet the tolerance. And my other module functions is ok, the other usb core function is also ok but the OTG function. my OTG function is ok before but the crystal tolerance isn't also meet the 150ppm, So can you give other suggestions,thank you very much

0 Kudos