USB 3.0 backward compatible with USB 2.0 iMX8 running Mendel OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 backward compatible with USB 2.0 iMX8 running Mendel OS

cydrollinger
Contributor I

The problem: A Coral SOM  by Google is being developed on a custom board and is closely associated with the commercially available development board. Much of the system is working, however, the USB to UART bridge does not function. The USB to UART is a FT4233HPQ by FTDI. The chip is USB3.0 compatible for power distribution but is only USB 2.0 compatible for data communication. I have designed the the data communication from the iMX8 on the Coral SOM with a USB 2.0 configuration, gnd, VUSB, D+, D-. 

I would like to utilize one of the two USB 3.0 ports on the iMX8 as a USB 2.0 communication. I have only wired up the D+, D-, gnd, and VUSB, but have not seen much or any evidence of communication of the device. I have access to both ports and have tried to plug a commercially aviable FTDI cable into the USB 3.0 configured as USB 2.0 and one of the data lines goes high and the power LED is lit.

I have not seen a pin out for the iMX8 though I have looked through the iMX8 documents. I have read a couple of forum posts and this one is at least hopeful.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
0 Replies