cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot Build failed

christoph8446
Contributor II

Hello,

I can’t build a u-boot image. I got the following error.

/home/user1/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc

Makefile:1171: recipe for target 'u-boot' failed

make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

#!/bin/bash

export ARCH=arm

export CROSS_COMPILE=~/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

make distclean;

make mx6bur_config

make

Hope somebody can help me…

Thanks

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The fail indicated it can't find libgcc,

/home/user1/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc

Please check if your sysroots contains it,

$ find -name libgcc*
./sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lib/libgcc_s.so
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lib/.debug/libgcc_s.so.1
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/libgcc
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/libgcc/5.3.0-r0/gcc-5.3.0/build.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libgcc
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc_eh.a
./sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc.a

And you've pointed to it, (the settings on my environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi)

export CC="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"
export CXX="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++ -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"
export CPP="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -E -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"
export AS="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-as "
export LD="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"

0 Kudos

christoph8446
Contributor II

Hello,

I checked if my sysroot contains it - should be OK -->

./sysroots/imx6qsabresd/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd/lib/libgcc_s.so
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd/sysroot-providers/libgcc
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc_eh.a
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc.a
./sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/gcc-build-internal-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/libgcc.mvars
./sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/gcc-build-internal-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libgcc
./sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/gcc-build-internal-initial-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/libgcc.mvars
./sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/gcc-build-internal-initial-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libgcc
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd-tcbootstrap/sysroot-providers/libgcc-initial
./sysroots/imx6qsabresd-tcbootstrap/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc.a

How can I point to it? I don't understand the line

export CC="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"

Thanks!

0 Kudos

JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The file (set the environment) is generated automatically when you build the tool chain. Do you build the toolchain using our yocto?

0 Kudos

christoph8446
Contributor II

I cloned fsl-release-bsp and used bitbake to build bitbake core-image-minimal according to the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.

0 Kudos

JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You will need build toolchain if you want make uboot without bitbake. 

$ bitbake meta-toolchain

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try either

#!/bin/bash
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/poky/1.7/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-
make distclean;
make mx6_udoo_config
make

#!/bin/bash
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl-imx-x11/<Kernel>/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-
make distclean;
make mx6_udoo_config
make

Next post may also be useful

Modify u-boot in Yocto 

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

christoph8446
Contributor II

Hello Carlos,

It still does not work. It seems to be that there is a problem with the sysroot...

Regards Chris

0 Kudos