Texture Atlases on i.MX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture Atlases on i.MX6

jumpa
Contributor I

We are basically trying to use compressed textures in OpenGL and create texture atlases (collecion of textures) for which we need to use the glCompressedTexSubImage2d API. We have been trying to get it working for quite a few days now but by the looks of things that function does nothing.It does not copy any pixels to the texture that is successfully initialised using glCompressedTexImage2d. Basically it looks like its not supported.  The only thing we have found online is a few posts by developers saying that glCompressedTexSubImage2d doesn't work on the arm opengl es3 emulator but the posts look a bit old, something like one two years old so we thought it might have been fixed by now.  Does anyone have any information regarding this API call?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy,

Which version of the GPU driver are you using? The API glCompressedTexSubImage2D to ES20 driver since 4.6.9p12v driver. If you have any specific concern or issue with this API, then please create a Service Request to Freescale Support team, make sure to attach any reproducible code in order to validate and see if there is a bug, otherwise will be hard to provide status of the problem. You can do it mailing to support@freescale.com.

Regards

0 Kudos