cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the permissions permanently for serialport

arunmondkar
Contributor I

Hello

I loaded Adeneo android 2.3.3version image on imx53quick sort board its working fine . But when i write the data and through the serial port application with /dev/ttymxc0 port it is giving read/write permissions are needed. For that i did  temporally by setting chmod 777 /dev/ttymxc0 through minicom its working perfectly . so my quesion is how to set the permissions permanently in Android (In linux we will modify init.rc file) so how should i proceed further , and i changed

1) i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.3/src/device/fsl/imx53_loco/init.rc  with chmod 0777 /dev/ttymxc0 .After this i compiled   but no success

2)i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.3/src/device/fsl/imx5x/init.rc with chmod 0777 /dev/ttymxc0 . After this i compiled   but no success

3)i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.3/src/system/core/rootdir/init.rc with chmod 0777 /dev/ttymxc0 After this i compiled   but no success

So i followed above procedures but all fail can any one please give me suggestion how to set the permanent permissions in Android for /dev/ttymxc0

And also can i change the permissions in the Serial port apk through android application development tool ??????????? if that is possible please give me the solution how to do in application development

Thanx in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Arun

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Arun

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V

Arun,

I've never had luck trying to exec an "su" from the Anroid app.

On an Mx51 platform modifying the ~myandroid/device/fsl/imx51_bbg/init.rc with the chmod command (which gets cc'd to ~myandroid/out/target/product/imx51_bbg/root/init.freescale.rc, which is run on boot) is the permanent mod.  Check your file dates and review the output file prior to running to confirm you've inserted the chmod in the correct location!

mike

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Arun

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos