Screen recorded file is very large using "super+r" key.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recorded file is very large using "super+r" key.

vivek338
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am working on screen recording project on imx8m-mini with weston desktop. Screen is done using "super+r" key from keyboard. Conversion is done using below command:-

wcap-decode capture.wcap --yuv4mpeg2 > capture.y4m

capture.y4m is very large file and also have large conversion time.

How to reduce the converted size and reduce conversion time.

Please help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @vivek338 

There are many ways that I believe can help to you to improve. At first, lowering the frame rate can significantly reduce the file size.

Also you can use H.264 directly during capture instead of raw YUV. The wcap-decode tool outputs raw YUV4MPEG2 format, which is very large. Instead, use a tool that allows for more efficient encoding as ffmpeg.

I hope this information can helps to you.

Best regards,

Salas.

0 Kudos

vivek338
Contributor IV

Hi @Alejandro_Salas ,

Thanks for your reply!

I didn't find any tool to record walyland/weston screen other that "super+r" key. Please help or provide me some example to record screen using H.264 directly. Also till now I didn't find any tool to decode .wcap file, if you have some examples please share, or any tool,link anything.

Please help!!

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @vivek338 

I am not an expert of this topic, but one can try to look the GStreamer documentation, it appears you can do it with GStreamer.

Maybe this link can be useful for you:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/winscreencap/dx9screencapsrc.html?gi-language=c

I hope this information can help to you.

Best regards,

Salas.

0 Kudos