SDK Examples for ADC do not execute on MCIMX8DXL-WEVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Examples for ADC do not execute on MCIMX8DXL-WEVK

chanks
Contributor I

I'm unable to run the LPADC examples from the MIMX8DXL EVK.  Both the polling and interrupt driven examples seem to crash at the LPADC_Init call.

The interrupt example prints the following and then nothing else:
LPADC Interrupt Example

Do these examples work on the evaluation board?  If so, is there any additional setup needed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

fernandop
Contributor I

Dunno if you ever solved this, but for anyone else that may have run into this on 6.1.1 on a dxl, I was able to solve this by modifying the SCFW to transfer the SC_R_ADC_0 resource to the m4 partition and as well as the SC_P_ADC_IN0 - SC_P_ADC_IN5 in the board.c file by adding them to the rsrc_list and the pad_list.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you are in linux 6.1 BSP is should be working, now if you are on previous version you have to add the following:

--- a/drivers/firmware/imx/scu-pd.c

+++ b/drivers/firmware/imx/scu-pd.c

@@ -155,7 +155,7 @@ static const struct imx_sc_pd_range imx8qxp_scu_pd_ranges[] = {

{ "can", IMX_SC_R_CAN_0, 3, true, 0 },

{ "ftm", IMX_SC_R_FTM_0, 2, true, 0 },

{ "lpi2c", IMX_SC_R_I2C_0, 5, true, 0 },

- { "adc", IMX_SC_R_ADC_0, 1, true, 0 },

+ { "adc", IMX_SC_R_ADC_0, 2, true, 0 },

{ "lcd", IMX_SC_R_LCD_0, 1, true, 0 },

{ "lcd-pll", IMX_SC_R_ELCDIF_PLL, 1, true, 0 },

{ "lcd0-pwm", IMX_SC_R_LCD_0_PWM_0, 1, true, 0 },

Regards

0 Kudos

chanks
Contributor I
Should the M4 ADC examples work without any reconfiguration? I am running Linux 6.1.1 on the primary cores.
0 Kudos

chanks
Contributor I

Sorry I forgot to clarify that I was running the examples for the MCU.  I'm running Linux 6.1.1 for the eval board which I downloaded from the NXP website.  I'm trying to launch the MCU examples using the remoteproc interface and it's failing.

0 Kudos