cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefining UART ALT Modes For Pinmuxing IMX6Q

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Hello guys;

I am working on to enable Wandboard Quad Uart 2 features for to get data from GPIO3_26 and GPIO3_27 I enabled Uart2 from dts and recompiled imx6q-wandboard.dtb file ,it seems its working but

when I send the "hello" to ttymxc1 I m seeing the senseless charachters , even if I adjust same baudrate ttymxc1 and my machıne ttyUSB0 (I m using usb to rs232 converter ). I think I need to close some features but I dont know what is it or I need to make some configuration pinmuxing and ALT modes .
Is there any way to change the ALT modes of the features or when we choose the UART or another features it is enabling the dependent ALT Mode ?

Can you give me a suggestion or what Am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for all ...

Best Regards

1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mustafa,

You should modify dts file, According to your description, EIM_D26 and EIM_D27 have been multiplexed as GPIO(GPIO3_26 & GPIO3_27),  so you will have to re-multiplexed them to be UART2_TX & and UART2_RX, in dts file, then recompile linux kernel and update images on your board.

Have a great day,
Weidong Sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------