cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redboot booting from iMX35 based board

AnilM
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am trying to boot a iMX35 based board from microSD card using redboot.Booting from SD card works with u-boot so I donot think anything wrong with hardware.

I am not having PMIC in my design so when I commented mxc_pmic_init() in redboot ver 201003 I am getting message as Booting from SDHC0 ,after that nothing comes in the console

Any idea ??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

KevinChen_ng
Contributor I

hi, suggest you to check whether each " pmic_reg"  function have  been commented.

for example.

at the end of board_misc.c , "fec_power_init" have called the pmic_reg function. this may caused crash on your situation.

but uboot is indeed the better choice.

0 Kudos

AnilM
Contributor I

Hi Qiang Li,

No GPIO is used to control the SD card power.

Anil

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe you need check the SD card power on your board. If you use some GPIO to control the SD card power, maybe in redboot the pin will be configed to wrong state.

0 Kudos

AnilM
Contributor I

Thanks Qiang Li .But the same card works on the iMX35PDK eval board .It is not working in my custom board.One more thing is the same card works with u-boot on the board.

Anil

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For IMX35 redboot, there are followed informations in release note.

* Special notes for i.MX35:
  - MMC/SD boot does not work with all cards. The cards that were tested and are known to work for MMC/SD boot are: TOSHIBA SD Memory Card, 128MB and KINGMAX MMC mobile, 1GB

After your board failed to boot, you can connect the board with PC by USB cable and check, if there is no iMX35 Jungo device on PC, that means the boot ROM had jumped into redboot, but redboot hangs up, so that card can't be supported by the redboot. If you can find the iMX35 Jungo USB device on PC, that means the redboot image on SD card is not a valid image, you need check the steps to burn the card.

Uboot is the better choise for IMX bootloader, those code are newer than redboot.

0 Kudos