Recommended workflow/ project management

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended workflow/ project management

danielbujak
Contributor III

Hi, I'm currently developing on an imx6ul evk, but am in the process of transitioning to custom hardware. Up until now I've been building images in buildroot using the freescale configs and manually copying the applications I need. However, with the new board I would need to make changes to build configurations, modify the kernel, use mainline uboot, and track user-space applications. What's the recommended way of tracking all this work with version control?

Should I fork the kernel, uboot, etc and track all my changes in my own git repo? Just track the files I change? Work entirely with patches?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Danielbujak,

There is not a definitive answer on how to track your changes. Distribution wise you may want to have a git repository and maybe use the Yocto approach to make it easier to customize and to build on top of the current Community BSP.

The good thing about Yocto is that you may use patches but you are also welcome to make appends and have several versions of the same package available, which allows to switch between configurations a lot simpler.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos