cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read and Write to External NOR flash

Jump to solution
JoshuaG1
Contributor II

I am using the MIMXRT1170-EVK, featuring the IS25WP128-JBLE QSPI NOR Flash. I have set up the hello world code such that the code is run from internal RAM, freeing up the flash for use. 

I want to be able to read from the flash memory and also write to it and i cant seem to find the correct drivers required for this board. 

How would i go about implementing this and what drivers/ additional files do i need to do so? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JoshuaG1 ,

Please refer to AN12107 and AN12108. The SDK demos support XIP by default. You needn't change anything.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JoshuaG1 ,

Please refer to AN12107 and AN12108. The SDK demos support XIP by default. You needn't change anything.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
JoshuaG1
Contributor II

Hi, 

I thought this was the answer and AN12108 would provide the solution i am looking for however upon reflection i think my case is slightly different. 

The Documents provided show how to drop files onto the board as if a mass storage device to be run from flash, or to boot from flash. My current query involves using the 1176's internal ram to boot ( which i have done), allowing me to write into flash some data and also extract(read) it back.

Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos