cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about setting MCU Memory for i.MX RT1170 in MCUXpresso

Shawn_
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm now trying to add an algorithm between PDM-MIC and SAI-headphone(based on pdm_sai_edma_cm7 Demo in SDK 2.11.0), but the default MCU Memory Settings is not enough for an algorithm with MFCC. So I try to set the MCU Memory the same with another Demo(tensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7 in SDK 2.11.0), which also uses algorithm with MFCC.

pdm_sai_edma_cm7_memory_setting.PNGpdm_sai_edma_cm7_memory_setting2.PNGtensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7_memory_setting.PNGtensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7_memory_setting2.PNG

But then, when the Debug is finished, the MCU will directly be locked. So I'd like to ask, is there any Documents or tricks for setting Memory? In RM I only find a Memory Map, it only shows which addresses are reserved, which are available.

Thanks and Regards!

Shawn

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Shawn_ ,
Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you introduce the modifications you did to the memory configuration, then I can figure out the issue
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Shawn_
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your anwser. The following 2 figures show the original MCU Memory Settings, also the default Settings of pdm_sai_edma_cm7 Demo:

ori_mem_1.PNGori_mem_2.PNG

Then, what I changed is shown in the following 2 figures, it is just the same as the memory settings of tensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7 Demo:

new_mem_1.PNGnew_mem_2.PNG

After that, MCU is always locked, when Debug is successful.

Thanks and Regards

Shawn

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply and clarification.
To enable the SDRAM, it needs to add the below symbol in the

XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=1

Setting>Preprocessor.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, you modify the pdm_sai_edma_cm7 demo to use the SDRAM instead of the SRAM_DTC_cm7, just like the tensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7 does, is my understanding right?
Plus, did you use the MIMXRT1170-EVK for testing?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Shawn_
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer. Maybe I only need to make a larger NCACHE_REGION, just like tensorflow_lite_micro_kws_cm7 does? In that Demo, it split 16M Memory from SDRAM to NCACHE_REGION. In pdm_sai_edma_cm7 Demo, NCACHE_REGION has only 256KB.

And yes, I use the MIMXRT1170-EVK for testing.

Thanks and Regards

Shawn

0 Kudos