cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt embedded for i.mx5x

micken
Contributor I
Hi

There have been some discussions about qt embedded and drivers. We Genesi have a accelerated driver but there are still some more work todo before we can release it. If anyone is interesested in buildibg something on top of qt embedded , feel free to contact me.

/Michael Grunditz
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

GuilhermeMelo
Contributor I

Hi,

I work for a company that uses Qt embedded with an imx51 based board. Currently we need to run Qt with OpenGL and we became very interested in your driver. And I would like to know if you plan to ever release this driver, open source or not.

Thanks,

Guilherme

0 Kudos

G_rio
Contributor III

Does anyone know how to fix it ?

WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

I'm trying to do a Music and Video Player using Phonon in Qt.

0 Kudos

stavrosmk
Contributor I
I've seen it. Great.

Michael Grunditz said:
0 Kudos

micken
Contributor I
0 Kudos

micken
Contributor I
Other features window resizing and moving. However overlappin does not work. Do someone know if this works with the Powervr driver. I am supposed to get info about overlapping rects from qt ,but I dont get it.
0 Kudos

stavrosmk
Contributor I

Hello Michael,

Below are my comments,

Michael Grunditz said:

STAVROS MARKOU said:

Hello,

My name is Stavros Markou and the company i am working for uses currently imx515 . I have seen the web page of your company and i 've seen that you advertise the imx515 capabilities for hw accelerated graphics and of course for hw video decoding. As i have seen you are have android distros and linux (ubuntu) as well. I have some questions :

• Have you implemented a gstreamer media class for qt-embedded (instead of using phonon)?
  • Have you implemented a opengl plugin driver for qt-embedded (from the above message i assume that you did) ? Is there a beta release for this plugin driver (as .so of course) that you can send us in order to do some evaluation  ?

Would you like to send you a beta release of our qt based media player that has replaced phonon with our own gstreamer media playing classes ?

Do you think that we can find a common ground in order to cooperate at some level to make qt-embedded to fully use the imx515 capabilities ?

Best Regards,

Stavros Markou.

i have not implemented gstreamer without phonon , yet. But it shoudn't be that hard to do it.
>>> It seems that you cannot use Xoverlay feature of GStreamer if you are using qt-embedded and not QT/X11, and if you don't use Xoverlay then there are some complexities that you have to deal with. I presume that for the moment 
a user of your netbook apart from using totem as a media player in order to take advantage of the vpu cannot build a QT application that runs on top of fsl plugins. Am i wrong ?

GL is fully supported , rendering to windows is supported including rendering inside 2d widgets. Howver the 2d bart is driven by the raster driver.
>>> That's very good to know. My company and i are really interested on evaluating this plugin driver.

There is a video here in the video archive, I cannot link it right now (writing from iPad) but it is easy to find.
>>> Is there a link, that i can use ?
I will foward your request to try it out. You might have to sign a NDA.
>>> I shall also discuss this with my colleagues.
/Michael Grunditz
Best Regards,
Stavros.
0 Kudos

micken
Contributor I

STAVROS MARKOU said:

Hello,

My name is Stavros Markou and the company i am working for uses currently imx515 . I have seen the web page of your company and i 've seen that you advertise the imx515 capabilities for hw accelerated graphics and of course for hw video decoding. As i have seen you are have android distros and linux (ubuntu) as well. I have some questions :

• Have you implemented a gstreamer media class for qt-embedded (instead of using phonon)?
  • Have you implemented a opengl plugin driver for qt-embedded (from the above message i assume that you did) ? Is there a beta release for this plugin driver (as .so of course) that you can send us in order to do some evaluation  ?

Would you like to send you a beta release of our qt based media player that has replaced phonon with our own gstreamer media playing classes ?

Do you think that we can find a common ground in order to cooperate at some level to make qt-embedded to fully use the imx515 capabilities ?

Best Regards,

Stavros Markou.

i have not implemented gstreamer without phonon , yet. But it shoudn't be that hard to do it. GL is fully supported , rendering to windows is supported including rendering inside 2d widgets. Howver the 2d bart is driven by the raster driver. There is a video here in the video archive, I cannot link it right now (writing from iPad) but it is easy to find. I will foward your request to try it out. You might have to sign a NDA. /Michael Grunditz
0 Kudos

stavrosmk
Contributor I

Hello,

Best Regards,

Stavros Markou.

0 Kudos