QSPI Slave configuration in i.MXRT 1170

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI Slave configuration in i.MXRT 1170

neetha_jyothish
Contributor II

I want to use two i.MXRT 1170 boards, one configured as QSPI master and the other as QSPI slave. I have the following two questions:

1.Is it possible to configure QSPI (Half duplex 4-bit mode) as Slave in i.MXRT 1170? I have referred the following link, but I could not find any information about configuring as QSPI slave.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/QSPI-on-i-MX-RT-1170/m-p/1764319#M216423

2. Is there any difference in the QSPI communication of a flash device and a non-flash device? For example, if we are trying to interface a QSPI slave that is not a flash device, are there any additional configurations/commands that must be used?

@DanielRuvalcaba 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

vinodnaik
Contributor I
I am planning to communicate two i.MXRT 1170 over QSPI. Let me know any care to be taken in hardware or software ??
0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @neetha_jyothish ,

The FlexIO can be used to simulate a SPI slave device, please kindly refer to driver_examples\flexio\spi for details.

a QSPI flash device usually complies with JESD specs, while a non-flash device has no such kind of requirement.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Torylyrs
Contributor II

Configuring QSPI as a slave might not be a standard feature, and it seems like the link you provided doesn't have information on it. You might need to consult the official documentation or the NXP community for specific guidance. Regarding QSPI communication, the requirements can vary between flash and non-flash devices. It's essential to refer to the datasheets and documentation of the QSPI slave you're using, as they might have different protocols or commands.

0 Kudos