Power Cycling iMX RT 1062

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Cycling iMX RT 1062

thijsnulle
Contributor I

I am currently writing a watchdog task using the embOS operating system on the iMX RT 1062 OEM (https://www.embeddedartists.com/products/imx-rt1062-oem/). However, I cannot get the board to reset once the watchdog timer runs out. I am using the watchdog implementation of the FSL library, which is fsl_wdog.c.

If I let the watchdog timer run out, it does turn off the board, however it does not turn back on again. I tested this by setting a pin high on startup, and whenever the watchdog timer ran out it did turn off, but never turned on.

The second thing I tried was by creating an interrupt handler which would reset the board with software, such that it isn't handled by the watchdog timer (since that doesn't work, something greater might be wrong). I tried using the fsl_wdog software reset, using their software extension and not, neither worked.

WDOG_TriggerSystemSoftwareReset(WDOG);

Next thing I tried was using the NVIC system reset, since this was available in the file either way. I read that this set the reset pin to high, thus instantiating a reset of the software, but it didn't restart it.

NVIC_SystemReset();

The last thing I tried was setting the reset pin manually to high, however, this is also done in the previous method so this shouldn't have been the solution either way.

Whenever a "reset" occurs and the board powers down, pressing the manual reset on the dev kit does restart the system (and sets the pin to high again). So my question is then, how can I trigger a full power cycle using software, or what could be wrong with my approach/dev kit that watchdog doesn't trigger a complete software reset?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies