Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POR_B Signal of IMXRT1064

Davidino
Contributor IV

Hello all,

I have two question about POR-B signal of IMXRT1064:
-What is the HI-Level and LO-Level voltage of that pin? Is it like as a normal gpio input pin (LO=0.3xV and HI = 0.7xV)?
-Is it possible to disable the internal pull-up resistor? I've tried disabling it but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Davidino 

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Regarding, What is the HI-Level and LO-Level voltage of that pin? Is it like as a normal gpio input pin (LO=0.3xV and HI = 0.7xV)? 

For the RT106x the power group or supply rail is VDD_SNVS_IN. 

Currently, there is no official documentation stating this. But we can refer to the below section of     Table 22. Single voltage GPIO DC parameters from RT1064 Datasheet.

diego_charles_0-1687891161212.png

We need to substite NVCC_XXXX by VDD_SNVS_IN. An use case scenario would be:

if VDD_SNVS_IN   is 3.3, 

VIH = 3.3 x .07

VIL = 3.3 x 0.3.

Regarding : Is it possible to disable the internal pull-up resistor? I've tried disabling it but it doesn't seem to have any effect. 

You need to set POR_PULL_TYPE  to 0b01, by SW.

diego_charles_1-1687898301957.png

To verify this in your system you need to measure  the current in VDD_SNVS_IN. Measure the current in scenarios 1, 3, and 5.

1) Press reset button , assering POR_B low.  ( 19uA in my case)

2) Set  set POR_PULL_TYPE  to 0b01 after initializing GPIOs. 

3)  Press reset button , assering POR_B low.  ( Current reduced to 10uA in my case)

4) Do a Power cycle.

5) 1 Press reset button , assering POR_B low.  ( again I get 19uA in my case)

Important notes:

•       We always recommend to use an external reset monitoring IC, even over external pull-up resistors. This reset IC provides a reliable way to ensure that the POR_B is deasserted after all rails are in steady state. 
  •       I used RT1060 EVK to test, please verify in your RT1064 system. 
  •       In our RT1060 disabling the pull-up does not seems to affect the MCU, no reset is generated. Probably is because of the external monitoring IC. 
  •     I tested  this by asserting POR_B or pressing the OpenSDA circuit's reset button. I saw that the a power cycle set the POR_B pull-up setting again. 
  • To give you better advise, please let us know more about your intendend system design for POR_B.
  • To set the POR_PULL_TYPE with ease I halted the application just after initializing the GPIO, and I used MCUXpresso's Peripherals view to set the field to disable the pull-up. Then I stoped the debug session and I made a reset.  If you want to  do this in FW, you need to use a pointer to the related register.

diego_charles_0-1687900752546.png

All the best,  

Diego

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Davidino 

Many thanks for contating us. 

The POR_B can be considered as GPIO from the SNVS domain. But I am checking with my colleagues what are the voltage specifications for it, as well if there is any possibility to disable its pull-up. Please allow me to return back to you with this information. 

To give you better advice, may I know how are you are going to interface the POR_B in your design? What is your targeted POR monitoring IC? 

Best regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Davidino  

I am still working in your questions. Please allow me more time to validate my reply. 

Would you please let me know why you want to disable pull-up on POR_B?

Many thanks for your patience.

Diego

0 Kudos