Not able to Run On MCIMX6UL-EVK board remotely using processor Expert Software?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Run On MCIMX6UL-EVK board remotely using processor Expert Software?

sirrajrai
Contributor I

Hi,

I am new on the MCIMX6UL-EVK and Processor expert software.

I have to complete few task using processor expert software

1-make a hello world test project using arm cross compiler.

2-run this hello world remotely using linux on MCIMX6UL board.

I have completed first step but when i am trying to connect my board through SSH type connection the following error message is coming after entering user name and password-

Failed to connect SFTP subsystem: Remote host may not have sftp-server installed : java.io.IOException: inputstream is closed

My question is how many types of remote connection is possible to run my code.and also tell me that how i can i do SSH connection

before run my code i did the necessary required things like -

i have downloaded the fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6ulevk.sdcard linux image to SD card and set my board to SD card mode and then connect my board to ethernet cable.On terminal(Tera term) i have seen the Linux was booting but OpenSSH and Sftp was unable to install on that linux.

Thanks

Sirraj

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to install these services (ssh, etc) into the system you are running on the board.

For example you can add openssh-server package there.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sirrajrai
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Thanks for ur reply

actually i had given these command on terminal to install openssh server(sudo apt-get install openssh-server) but it failed to install it.I faced error like

no  'sudo' command found 

no 'apt-get'  command found 

Due to this i am unable to install anything in rootfs.

i searched on net but didn't find necessary things so plz tell me how can i install openssh and update in

freescale linux.

I am currently using Xilinx SDK for MCIMX6UL board to load .elf file but finally i have to use processor expert so plz tell me how i can resolve error of apt-get and sudo.

Thanks

Sirraj

0 Kudos

krishnakumar_ma
Contributor III

Is this problem resolved?. 

I too have a similar condition.

We have two NXP, S32v23 board. Step followed:

1. Boot the board with the default SD card.

2. Use eclipse to create a new remote connection to the board using SSH type. 

This result in error. 

Failed to connect SFTP subsystem: Remote host may not have sftp-server installed : java.io.IOException

I have tried connecting via putty and is able to get the prompt. 

How/What are the settings for the S32 studio to get the remote connection on the default boot-image of the board?.

0 Kudos