cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No graphical output after updating GPU vivante driver

david_schmidt
Contributor II

Hi,

after updating from Linux kernel 3.14 to 4.9, I had to also update the GPU vivante driver from version imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p4.4-hfp to imx-gpu-viv-6.2.4.p1.8-aarch32.

To install the new driver, I used the following guide; https://community.nxp.com/thread/477594

The problem is, with the new driver my graphical application does not draw anymore, and instead presents the following message that comes from the closed source library:

ES30: some draw get error and skipped during validation

The application worked properly with the old driver and the error message does not help either.

What does the error message mean? Why does the library throw it? 

I'm using a custom iMX6 dual board with new Linux kernel 4.9.88.

In the link I provided the author suggests using gpu-viv kernel module version 6.2.4 with gpu-viv-driver imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p8.3-hfp. Unfortunately, this did not work for me at all, as the example apps threw errors and segmentation faults.

Does the kernel module version have to match the gpu driver version, e.g. both 6.2.4?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

shajin
Contributor II

Hello David,

I encounter the same error message ([1] ES30: some draw get error and skipped during validation) in one of our devices during long run and I was curious to understand what this error message mean? Did you perform any investigation to understand about the error and its background? Please share your inputs on this case.

The device which we are working on is a custom platform based out of i.MX6 Dual core processor. The software running on the platform is Yocto thud with QT 5.15.2. The Linux kernel version is 4.9.168 and the GPU driver version is 6.2.4.p1.8-r0 (https://github.com/Freescale/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv.git Tag - 6.2.4.p1.8). We have observed this error after six hours of usage, On the console, we have observed this error and Qt fails to render frame to the display. 

Thanks for your time. 

Regards,

Shajin  

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Why not installed all the 4.9BSP? basically the GPU 6.2 has support on GC7000 for the i.MX8Q but you don´t need it.

Regards

0 Kudos

david_schmidt
Contributor II

Bio_TICFSL,

where can I download the GPU driver sources for 4.9BSP? What versions of the GPU driver belong to 4.9BSP?

0 Kudos