cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need proper initialization for USB Host2 (HSIC) in i.MX6x

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi all,

During the USB Host testing in i.MX6x boot loader , I'm not getting power into the USB port (LED is not glowing also)! (As far as my understanding, the LED which present in the USB mass storage or USB optical mouse should glow when the USB is powered up). I attached the initial setup configuration which I did for USB HOST 2 (HSIC interface) with this discussion. Please go through the attached file and let me know whether the initial settings are correct or not. I would like to know any additional settings has to be done for the HSIC interface (USB) as well as USB power in i.MX6x?

Looking forward to your valuable suggestion...

Thanks in advance

Ajith P V

Original Attachment has been moved to: USB_HOST2_initial_settings_in_imx6x.txt.zip

Labels (2)
11 Replies

TonyLiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Ajith,

You need to check 2 parts:

1. HW connection & Power

• Please make sure the H2_STROBE/H2_DATA is connected to your HSIC device.
  • Please make sure connects NVCC_RGMII of chip to ARM/SOC regulator 1.2V

2. SW process flow

• IOMUX and power setting should be the first step of all
  • step 6 -- enable the Host2 HSIC should be moved to step 4, say, it should be done before the step 4
  • step 5 -- disable UTMI PHY suspend should be moved after step 6 but before step 4

after tuning, the order should be 6), 5), 4)

• most important, after all the 16 step done, pull up the H2_STROBE with 47KOhm PU, and please be noted that it should not be pulled up before this step.

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Junjie

I'm confused about pull up resistor, why pull down the H2_STROBE with 100K_OHM_PD when initializing and why pull up the H2_STROBE with 47K_OHM_PU when initializing is completed?

0 Kudos

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi TonyLiu,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

I will do the settings accordingly....

Thank you

Ajith P V

0 Kudos

timjaacks
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can take a look in u-boot main line if it´s already supported (I´m pretty sure it is, but, please, make sure)

http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

imx6 sabre lite has a good support on u-boot main line. If you´re using another board, you can use it as reference.

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi Daiane,

I checked the uboot code (link which u posted in the reply). The HOST 2 support is not available in the uboot. However HOST1 support is given. Even though the eHCI controller is same in HOST1 core and HOST 2 core, The interface is entirely different from HOST1 (UTMI interface) to HOST2 (HSIC interface).

Please provide a solution with HSIC configuration seeings and additional configurations (if anything has to be done apart from the attached file settings for proper working of HOST 2 (HSIC)).

Thanks in advance

Ajith P V

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry ajithpv if I made you believe I knew how to make the source code.

My intention was to show you that, if you will need to work on this, maybe would be better if you got help from u-boot community, and mainly, you can submit your patch, have this support included into mainline u-boot, and help others.

0 Kudos

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi Daiane,

I really appreciate your sincere effort. HOST 2(HSIC) support is currently not available in Uboot.

I would like to know whether you (or your team) can check and validate the initial settings (attached file) which I did for HSIC in HOST 2 ?

Providing the proper settings for the HSIC  would be really helpful and appreciable...

Thanks in advance

Ajith P V

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ajith,

As Daiane mentioned USB Host driver is already supported in the mainline U-boot.

mx6qsabrelite uses USBH1 and your hardware needs USBH2.

I checked your initialization file and the settings you provoided are in driver level, which you should not worry about.

What you need to do is:

- Add the IOMUX settings for USBH2 in your board file

Open include/configs/mx6qsabrelite and change

"#define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORT from 1 to 2'

- If your board has any GPIO that will drive VBUS for USBH2 you need to activate it in your board file as well.

Check board/freescale/mx6qsabrelite/mx6qsabrelite.c to see how this is done.

That's all.

If you have more issues just post them with details (patch) into U-boot list.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi FabioEstevam,

Thank you for your reply. I agreed and mentioned that HOST 1 is supporting in the uboot.

Host 1 (UTMI interface) is inbuilt to the processor whereas Host 2 (HSIC interface) uses separate dedicated chip (on board chip which connected with processor channel) in our case. When the HSIC chip gets enabled, then only the USB port will get the power. HSIC chip input power and crystal clock checked and confirmed that its proper.

So, I believe, when I get the proper HSIC settings, then only I can able to do further with the HOST 2 .

Please provide the proper register settings(processor's USB registers) and additional settings for the HOST 2...

Thanks in advance

Ajith P V

0 Kudos

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi Daiane,

Thank you for your quick support. I will check it now and let you know the result.

Thank you agian

Ajith P V

0 Kudos