cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP DDR test tool

faridmousavi
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the mscale ddr tool for an i.MX 8M Plus SOM board I designed, but I get the error "Can't open USB device, Please check if the correct target is selected and set to the serial download mode".

Screenshot 2022-12-14 170937.jpg

I have checked the power rail and all voltages are available.

I'm using an off the shelf FTDI232 converter connected with jumper wires to UART2, with voltage levels translated to that of the converter (3.3V) as seen in the schematic.

81bEr4hSZYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-14 171019.jpg

I've connected with jumper wires:

1. UART_RXD_FT to TXD
  2. UART_TXD_FT to RXD
  3. GND to GND
  4. 3V3_FT to VCC

I ran the software in administrator mode.

I have placed my i.MX board in serial download mode.

I have monitored the COM port connected to my i.MX board, and one byte is received each time I reset the board, so I guess serial communication is established and the clock is working.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check if you have installed the FTDI232 windows driver. You should remove GND and 3V3 connection.

0 Kudos

faridmousavi
Contributor I

I don't think that the serial communication circuit is the problem. I placed the board in "Boot from SD card" and placed an SD card with a u-boot image (just for testing, I didn't expect it to work), and I got the following log over the COM port:

Screenshot 2022-12-14 211959.jpg

This proves that the serial communication is established and the CPU is logging over the UART port, and I'm able to receive the logs properly.

One think I noticed is that in "serial download mode" when I select my script and click on "Download", I do not see the TX LED blink. I don't know if I should expect it to blink or not, but I thought it's worth pointing out.

0 Kudos