Mfgtool fail to create SD card Partition P1 = vfat32, P2= NTFS.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfgtool fail to create SD card Partition P1 = vfat32, P2= NTFS.

VishalRana
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on Sabre SD imx6DL board, Linux 4.1.15. On that I am using SD card with two Partition.

P2 is to store Logs.

P1 is to upgrade system. Initially both partitions was FAT32 formatted and mfgtool was working fine.

But due to filesystem corruption in FAT32 sometime we are unable to access partitions and logs.

To handle this issue we want to use NTFS-3G filesystem. When I am trying to format or flash using 

MFGtool getting below error

"ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: PortMgrDlg(0)--MSCDevice--Command Push(no file) excute failed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current command executed failed, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)"

ucl2.xml code

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ while [ ! -e /dev/mmcblk%sdcard%p2 ]; do sleep 1; echo waiting...; done ">Waiting for the uSD card partition-2 ready</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ mkfs.ntfs -n 'STORAGE' /dev/mmcblk%sdcard%p2">Formatting Storage LUN partition</CMD>

Regards,

Vishal Rana

#imx6D,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

VishalRana
Contributor II

From terminal logs I got to know that rootfs don't have mkfs.ntfs support(ref in attached image).

To include mkfs.ntfs command I have to rebuild rootfs again. But currently for this old product we don't have yocto build system. we are using Linux source version 4.1.15 and mfgtool2, provided rootfs and "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot".

I am interested to know how to add "mkfs.ntfs" command into rootfs so that I can able to

make SD card partition in ntfs formate.

Regards,

Vishal Rana

0 Kudos