cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map rendering issue in android application on i.MX8MQ android 11 OS

rmani0029
Contributor I

Hi,

I have bring up android 11 on i.MX8MQ-EVK. I am developing a navigation application for the same android 11 OS . I could successfully build & install navigation application on the target board but when i click on the app it crash & throwing below error,

I/display: open gpu gralloc module!
D/v_gal: gcSHADER_WriteBufferToFile: Failed to open the file /data/vendor/.opencl-cache/viv_gc_img_builtin.lib for writing

E/Surface: IGraphicBufferProducer::setBufferCount(0) returned Invalid argument
A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x5 in tid 4517 (GLThread 269), pid 3374 (vigation_tomtom)

I tried installing the same application on my mobile as well but there it run smoothly with out any crash. It could be something specific to the target board graphics library also. Need your input to solve out the issue asap.

PFA the error log file for more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Manikandan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rmani0029,

I hope you are doing well

As the mobile and i.MX8 may have many architecture differences, kindly make sure you have compiled binary correctly for a particular target.
Please refer to the i.MX Graphics User's Guide from the Android 11 Documentation for the Graphics-related information and libraries.

Kindly refer to the below document for more information on the same query.

https://lightrun.com/answers/material-components-material-components-android-materialsharedaxis-stra...

0 Kudos

rmani0029
Contributor I

Hi @Dhruvit,

Thanks for your response.

It's not a binary file. I developed android based map application(.apk file).

SELINUX in Permissive mode, I am getting the following errors,

E/Surface: IGraphicBufferProducer::setBufferCount(0) returned Invalid argument

A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0xffff000146494e59 in tid 2899 (GLThread 241), pid 2585 (vigation_tomtom)

SELINUX in Enforcing mode, I am getting the following errors,

2023-09-07 09:17:04.150 4486-4523 libc                   com.ust.navigation_tomtom           E Access denied finding property "vendor.VIV_VX_NN_DDR_BURST_SIZE"

2023-09-07 09:17:05.801 4486-4521 libc                   com.ust.navigation_tomtom           E Access denied finding property "vendor.VIV_PROCESS_NAME"

Both the cases map application was crashing. We couldn't able to find out the exact root cause for this issue.

I also tried the i.MX8MQ prebuilt images for Android 12 and 13, but I had the same problems.

It could be something specific to the target board graphics library.

Please see the attached log file for more information about the errors. I am completely stuck on this issue, can you help me on this for resolving the issue.

Regards,

Manikandan R

0 Kudos