cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulating Device Fuse Data from Linux

moose
Contributor IV

Hello,

Is there a way to manipulate imx8mn fuses from Linux? Today we use uboot `fuse read` and `fuse program` commands, and we prefer to do it from Linux instead. It was not clear online how to do this on imx8mn devices. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please refer to the section of One-Time Programmable Controller Driver Using NVMEM Subsystem IMX_LINUX_USERS_GUIDE.pdf 

Regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

moose
Contributor IV

Thank you for the reference. I am now able to read some fuses using the command `hexdump /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/imx-ocotp0/nvmem`; however, I am unclear on how to map them to the fuse table.

The reference manual for imx8mn lists fuse address space from 0x400 to 0x900 but the output of the hexdump command is not the same. I was able to identify the SRK hash fuse, for example, since it has a unique value. It was showing on address 0000060 in the hexdump output yet its fuse address is 0x580. The reference you shared discusses an example for the MAC address, but I don't really understand it.

Could you please elaborate on how we translate the hexdump address into fuse address? Also, is it possible to burn the fuse from Linux?

moose_0-1713391605122.png

0 Kudos

moose
Contributor IV

@Harvey021 any update on this?

0 Kudos