Making use of rpmsg on imx8mn EVK board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making use of rpmsg on imx8mn EVK board?

Contributor II

Hey,

I have been working with imx8mn evk board and want make use of the rpmsg module to communicate between the 2 cores. I have used the procedure mentioned in https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Using-Cortex-M4-SDK-to-communicate-with-...

I have made changes accordingly for the imx8mn. I made changes in the SharedBoardConfig.mk. While remaking the images, it detected the changes and I observed an output that mentioned the changed file. I also was able to locate the new file in vendor/lib/modules directory.

I have been able to use the insmod command as well and booted the M7 image as found in the MCUXpresso SDK. But I am not able to echo any message as the system does not have a /dev/ttyRPMSG* port. What am I missing in the steps?

How to enable this /dev/ttyRPMSG port?

How do I establish communication between the M7 and A53 cores of the board?

PS I want to run the Android OS on A53 core and not Linux in my final prototype.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Contributor II

Aldo,

Thanks for your reply, but when I use the -d rpmsg flag I run into the issue that the watchdog timer exits frequently.

0 Kudos

NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

May I ask which android version are you trying to use?

Also, what UUU option are you using to flash the board?

Thank you,

Aldo.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

After further inspection using the dmesg command I found that there is no reference to the imx_rpmsg_tty.ko after the insmod. Does this mean that the .ko kernel object file was not enabled?

Also while flashing should I use the -d rpmsg flag while using UUU tool? If so I run into the issue that during the Android Boot I see the line saying that the watchdog timer exited 4 times in 4 minutes. What does this issue represent??

TIA,

Anurag

0 Kudos

NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The procedure you have follow seems fine, please note that the /dev/ttyRPMSG* port is an indicator so you most select the correct channel  i.e. /dev/ttyRPMSG1

Regarding flashing, yes, use the -d rpmsg option, this will select the correct dtbo and vbmeta images and flash them.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Aldo, Thanks for your reply, but when I use the -d rpmsg flag I run into the issue that the watchdog timer exits frequently.

0 Kudos