Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTool not working for i.MX6 DualLite CPU Card

Jump to solution
rafalwegner
Contributor II

Hello

I tried to update my i.MX6 DualLite CPU Card with MTGTool2 (Mfgtools-Rel-3.0.0_121207_MX6DL_UPDATER).

I have changed boot mode pins to serial download.

I have connected my board to PC using USB OTG interface, device was properly recognized by my WinXP. Also MFGTool shows proper information: "HID compliant device". When I start the process, loading modules is working ok but it stucks on "Jumping to OS image".

Also, terminal (which works ok when booting from SD card) is not working - no information available.

It looks like all BootStrap states are performed and none of the Updater states (ucl2.xml configuration file).

Does anyone had same problem? Does anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

Also I have questions about ucl2.xml file:

<CFG>

<STATE name="BootStrap" dev="MX6D" vid="15A2" pid="0061"/>

<STATE name="Updater"   dev="MSC" vid="066F" pid="37FF"/>

</CFG>

What is dev, vid and pid parameters? Should I change somehow those? Why those are different for BootStrap nad Updater states?

In attachment is log file from MFGtool.

BR, Rafal

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The host is OK. The device seems to have the problem. You had better provide the log into console for this problem.

For bootstrap mode, it refers to the communcation between the host and ROM codes through serial download protocol. The purpose of this mode is to download MFGTool firmwares (Uboot/kernel/rootfs) to the devices and then jump to the Ubootof MFGTool firmwares. The VID and PID are aligned with ROM codes.

Updater mode, it refers to the communcation between the host and MFGTool firmware through UTP defined in kernel. So its VID and PID are different.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I saw the console logs before. Didn’t see the similar problems in our side. No good idea yet.

Best Regards

Lily Zhang

0 Kudos
rafalwegner
Contributor II

Hello

Is it possible that some jumper-switch settings on my board could cause such problems?

Could you check if I have properly configured sabreauto board?

SW1: 1-off, 2-on, 3-ff, 4-off, 5-on, 6-off, 7-off, 8-off, 9-off, 10-off

SW2: 1-off, 2-off, 3-on, 4-off

SW3: 1-off, 2-on, 3-off, 4-off

Thanks in advance

BR, Rafal

0 Kudos
rafalwegner
Contributor II

Hello

Problem is solved :smileyhappy: It turned out that it is not a problem with configuration of sabreauto board and not with MFGtool configuration but simply with my Windows XP machine.

I tried to use MFG Tool on my private Win7 computer and it worked ok! After that I used administrator rights and run MFG tool again on WinXP machine. This time everything was ok. I don't know why administrator rights are so important - device was properly visible on begining of update and in MFG tool, but after "BootStrap" part, update suddenly stopped.

Right now I am able to update empty SD card using MFG tool, and startup evaluation board from this SD card.

I will close this question as answered.

Thanks all for your support!

0 Kudos