MCUXpresso freezes when we debug multicore code.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso freezes when we debug multicore code.

bhavyavyas
Contributor I

We are working on IMX RT 1170 dev kit. We want to debug sdk example code for multicore. We are facing issue with MCUXpresso i.e. when we start debug for the first time it will work properly. Now when we terminate all sessions and restart debug the IDE freezes and we need to forcefully close from task manager. We found the temporary solution i.e. we need to delete Debug folder. Also we tried to delete the metadata and also we made new workspaces, but still same issue is faced.

Please provide the permanent solution and the actual reason if anyone is facing the same.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @bhavyavyas ,

In order to support you better, could you please provide me the next information when you presented the error?

-SDK example that you cannot debug.

-SDK version.
-MCUXpresso version.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos

bhavyavyas
Contributor I

SDK Example: evkbmimxrt1170_hello_world_cm7 linked to evkbmimxrt1170_hello_world_cm4

SDK Version: 2.15.100 (831 2024-04-26)

MCUXpresso IDE v11.9.0 [Build 2144] [2024-01-05]

0 Kudos

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @bhavyavyas,
Corroborating the example in RT1170EVKB, whit the same SDK and MCUxpresso version.  I did not see any issue respect to debug (I can debug constantly).

In order to support you better, can you provide me which OS are you currently using?

In the other hand. In order to try an pinpoint if the issue is in the configuration of the IDE, can you create a workspace in the root directory? It is advisable to install MCUxpresso in the root directory because long paths or special characters may produce issues with the workspace.

Respect with the multicore, this application note could help you, inside has a section about how debug examples of multicores which is called "Dual-core debug in different tool chain".

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos

bhavyavyas
Contributor I

Hello,

Below are the OS specifications which i am using

Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎20-‎05-‎2023
OS build 22631.3810
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1020.0

I have already referred the above application note but still facing the same issue.

Also we are using the default configurations of the EVK hardware.

Could you please share your CPU and OS configurations?

0 Kudos

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @bhavyavyas,

The objective of asking about your OS was to confirm if you are currently using the same OS as me. Which you are.

Could you confirm if you installed MCUxpresso on the root directory or you tried to change the installation location?

If is the case, can you install the newest version (11.9.1) of MCUxpresso with the recommendation that I provided you? this in order to try if this solves the issue.

Also, can you provide me the steps that you follow about terminate a debug session?

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos