MCIMX8M-EVKB SDIO WIFI NIC issue: MMC1 Timeout waiting for hardware cmd interrupt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8M-EVKB SDIO WIFI NIC issue: MMC1 Timeout waiting for hardware cmd interrupt

Jump to solution
chetanks
Contributor III

Hi,

HW: MCIMX8M-EVKB with IMX8MQ

WIFI NIC: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 with SDIO support

Requirement: SDIO based WIFI NIC integration using External Micro-SD card Slot

When I use an SD memory card on the External SD slot, it is detected and I can access the memory card contents.

When I use my SDIO based WIFI NIC card and try to load the wlan driver for the NIC, I observe errors as in attached log file.

So, I wanted to understand what could be different at SDIO level between the SD memory card and SDIO WIFI NIC.

Hope I have given enough details.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suggest to check signals with oscilloscope, probably this is hardware issue.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chetanc10

one can try to upgrade wlan driver:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/wlan/qcacld-2.0

and follow sect.4.13 Wi-Fi Linux Manual included in linux

Documentation

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
chetanks
Contributor III

Hi,

I get the MMC1 Timeout message plus SDHCI REGISTER DUMP regularly even before the driver is loaded. It can be seen in the log file - before I login as root, we see the Timeout/SDHCI-Register-dump log messages.

This timeout/Dump-registers log may be caused by something else which could have caused the driver also to fail when I tried to load.

PS: The driver is to be loaded manually and is not added to kernel to be initialised during boot-up.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suggest to check signals with oscilloscope, probably this is hardware issue.

Best regards
igor

chetanks
Contributor III

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

It was as you suggested - the SDIO connection was faulty because of the uSD adapter bridge lines.

Our WIFI NIC card is thicker than a normal SD memory card and the mechanical setup of the uSD adapter's slot is such that it shorted clock and VDD cauding SDIO communication failure.

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos