cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load software image to NAND and NOR from serial port

S_Le
Contributor I

Hi,

I am developing on the i.MX Sabre AI Board.  The software is being developed using IAR compiler and Micrium OS.  We are currently executing software via JTAG port.  The goal is to store the bootloader inage in NOR and the software image is in the NAND flash and have bootloader copy the NAND image to RAM and starts.

My goal is to use the serial downloading to copy bootloader in NOR and copy the software image in RAM.  Can this be done with the manufacturing tool?  If not, would anyone have any other suggestion on how this could be done?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

S_Le
Contributor I

Chris_Ly,

Currently, we are running from ram using IJET by signum.  We still have no solution for loading image to NOR.  We are planning to write small custom bootloader that will load serially to NOR.

chris_ly said:

Hi,

I am developing on a very similar platform as you.  We are also using EWARM from IAR along with the Micrium uC/OS-II RTOS.  We are pretty early in development.  Have you had any luck getting the bootloader image into the NOR flash?  I got the Manufacturing tool from freescale but have not been able to do anything with it yet.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

chris_ly
Contributor I

Hi,

I am developing on a very similar platform as you.  We are also using EWARM from IAR along with the Micrium uC/OS-II RTOS.  We are pretty early in development.  Have you had any luck getting the bootloader image into the NOR flash?  I got the Manufacturing tool from freescale but have not been able to do anything with it yet.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

KarlLu
Contributor I

Take a look at 

http://imxcommunity.org/group/tools-and-utilities/page/exercising-the-i-mx-serial-download-protocol-...

It describes how to use SDP (serial download protocol). 

0 Kudos

S_Le
Contributor I

Karl,

So I can use the manufacturing tool to load the NOR flash via serial port?  Can you tell the bootloader to grab the image from serial and load to NAND?

I have the Manufacturing Too User Manual, but I thought that was rather vague, especially for developer outside of the window and linux relm.

thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos

KarlLu
Contributor I

You just need to program your boot loader to NOR flash with manufacturing tool. Other things can be done by your boot loader.

0 Kudos