Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laird LWB5 backports build issue with Yocto Gatesgarth

rstabile
Contributor I

Using: repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest
-b imx-linux-gatesgarth -m imx-5.10.9-1.0.0.xml

When building the LWB5 8.5.0.7 backports with the above I get a host of errors such as shown below.  Presumably this is due to the backports using deprecated functions/constants. Looking for suggestions on how to get this to build?

.../gatesgarth/release/build_wayland/tmp/work-shared/imx8mqevk/kernel-source/include/linux/pci.h:92:45: error: 'PCI_STD_NUM_BARS' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'PCI_SRIOV_NUM_BARS'?
92 | PCI_STD_RESOURCE_END = PCI_STD_RESOURCES + PCI_STD_NUM_BARS - 1,
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| PCI_SRIOV_NUM_BARS

.../gatesgarth/release/build_wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/kernel-module-lwb-backports-laird/8.5.0.7-r0/laird-backport-8.5.0.7/net/wireless/util.c:857:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzfree'; did you mean 'kfree'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
857 | kzfree(wdev->connect_keys);
| ^~~~~~
| kfree

.../gatesgarth/release/build_wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/kernel-module-lwb-backports-laird/8.5.0.7-r0/laird-backport-8.5.0.7/net/wireless/nl80211.c:355:33: error: 'NLA_EXACT_LEN_WARN' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'NLA_POLICY_EXACT_LEN_WARN'?
355 | [NL80211_ATTR_MAC] = { .type = NLA_EXACT_LEN_WARN, .len = ETH_ALEN },
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| NLA_POLICY_EXACT_LEN_WARN

.../gatesgarth/release/build_wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/kernel-module-lwb-backports-laird/8.5.0.7-r0/laird-backport-8.5.0.7/net/wireless/nl80211.c:12949:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'nl80211_validate_nested'; did you mean 'nla_validate_nested'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
12949 | return nl80211_validate_nested(attr, vcmd->maxattr, vcmd->policy,
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| nla_validate_nested

0 Kudos
3 Replies

travis-laird
Contributor I

Please contact us at support@lairdconnect.com with any questions regarding the Laird LWB5.

You can check which kernel version is support by LWB5 backports by checking release notes at Laird's github for the LWB5. 

https://github.com/LairdCP/Sterling-LWB-and-LWB5-Release-Packages/releases

8.5.0.7 backports only supports up to kernel 5.4.

0 Kudos

rstabile
Contributor I

I successfully built the LWB5 8.5.0.7 backports with the NXP Zeus drop and wlan0 loads on boot.

Just for test I built Gatesgarth without the backports and wlan0 did not load (as expected).

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello rstabile,

You need to make sure that the code compile in previous BSP, since it change the gcc version and kernel, however per your issue looks like there is no LWB in MX8MQ.

Regards

0 Kudos