LCD "burn-in" issue with default LTIB image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD "burn-in" issue with default LTIB image

ReinhardMeyer
Contributor II

With the default LTIB built image there is no GUI included in the root filesystem, however the framebuffer is functional. This is fine for tests like "cat xyz >/dev/fb0". However after a few minutes the display gets turned off (probably some screensaver functionality). Apparently an extended stay in this state leads to some latent image burned into the LCD which can be seen when one boots one of the supplied SDcards with Linux or CE. That image fortunately fades away after a few minutes. But I am concerned the LCD might get damaged on the long run.

(I suspect the power stays applied, but the clock is stopped so that the AC drive of the pixels themselves is stopped and any DC value prevails?)

Q: what has to be done/called to keep the display from being turned off?

Reinhard

PS: sorry for sending this as a message first. I think I have now found the right way to add this as a discussion to the group ;)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

iMxGuy
Contributor II

This works for me.

echo -e "\033[9;0]" > /dev/tty0

0 Kudos

ReinhardMeyer
Contributor II

Thank you, that helped me alot.

I'll put this into the /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Reinhard

0 Kudos

AhmetYUCE
Contributor II
run the following shell commands: echo -e "\033[9;0]" >/dev/tty0 echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank source : http://forums.freescale.com/t5/i-MX-Microprocessors/stop-imx51-display-blanking/td-p/58488 Regards Ahmet
0 Kudos