cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jlink issue in i.MX8QM

双朋赵
Contributor III

hello, everyone

we are using Jlink to debug program running on Cortex-M4F in i.MX8QM. the Jlink version is 

JLink_Linux_V651c_x86_64, the gcc version is gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2019-q3-update. when connect the Jlink into Cortex_M4_0, we found everything is ok. However, when connect into Cortex_M4_1, we can also enter into gdb mode and load the hello_world.elf, then enter the 'monitor go' command, the uart of Cortex_M4_1 does not appear "hello world" information. we can assure that the hello_world.elf is ok, because if we use the mkimage mode to bring up this *.elf, the "hello world" information will be printed. so we need your help to double check this issue. at the same time, in the reference manual of Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 8QuadMax.pdf, also use the cortex_m4_0 to test jlink. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhao

one can follow sect.4.1.3 Run an example application

Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 8QuadMax.pdf,

note it is necessary to apply patch for i.MX 8QM from iar_segger_support_patch_imx8.zip.

Recommended to use latest linux with all patches from

i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos