cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integating mipi lcd display over i.mx6.

Jump to solution
prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

We were trying to integrate mipi lcd display over our imx6 customized board, the lcd uses nt35516 controller and is of 560x960 resolution. as imx6 uses Himax8369 lcd for mipi, we too had used same driver file mxc_hx8369_wvga.c for our lcd integration. mipi_dsi and mxcfb_ipuv3 files are written according to standard mipi protocol so no need to change anything from these files. only change  mxc_hx8369_wvga.c for your specific lcd panel timings and lcd_initialization procedures.  we had suffered for one week to get proper display we used to get split screens having same images, we had altered all three files and finally we came to know that our lcd_initialization, timings itself were not proper so once again we went and corrected we got wonderful display over mipi.

One important thing we had changed is pixel_clock, as it was 27MHz by default, our lcd working properly for 15MHz. and pixel_fmt set to config3(18bit) format.

1 Solution
adrian_alonso
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the reference, other users will find this useful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adrian_alonso
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the reference, other users will find this useful.

0 Kudos
juliocruz
Contributor III

Dear Adrian, Prasanna,

Thanks for share your experience.

I'm also using a MIPI-DSI panel and trying to config the timing modifying the file according with your suggestions (mxcfb_hx8369_wvga.c).

For now, I can communicate with the panel controller in the "setup" functions (LP mode). For example, I can get the status and config other registers.

However, the display don't show anything (HS mode).

According with the panel controller, the clock period in HS mode must be greater than 4 ns however in the scope I get 3ns. So, I think this could be the problem. To change this clock using the mipi_dsi driver, I change the variable "max_phy_clk", however, after this change, the LP clock is also changed and I cannot setup the panel register (in LP mode).

Do you have any suggestions? For example, can I change the HS and LP clock independently?

Also, can I download the register description of the iMX to undestand the mipi_dsi driver and setup the register accordingly with this display?

Thanks,

JC

0 Kudos