cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6q with 10 bit image capture scaled to 16 bit

aruncyriac
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am using an imx6q board to capture a raw10 bit  image. I need to scale it from 10 bit to 16 bit .

I did necessary changes such as disabling the compander . I am able to get 16 bit image as output.

My doubt is that how scaling is done to make 10bit to 16 bit . Whether 0's or 1's are simply added for  extra bits to make it 16 bit or any other technique is used?

Where can i  find the code portion for scaling ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at table 37-2 "Data Formats Supported By The Camera Port" on page 2722

of i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual.

10 bits will be extended to most significant bits of 16.   

Lesse significant bits are not specified but they are supposes as 0's.

Also in case of MIPI you can configure all 16 pins as 16 bits of parallel interface

and pull-up or -down unused pins to get manifest bits.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aruncyriac
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

I looked the document as you mentioned.

However, our observation is that the 10-bit data is somehow scaled using some factor to make it 16-bit.

What we expect is 10-bit original data (without any alteration) padded with 0's or 1's (either at LSB or MSB) to make it 16-bit. How can we achieve this? We are using i.MX6q with OV5647 sensor.

0 Kudos

aruncyriac
Contributor I

friends

I am still facing the issue. Do any one have any idea about this issue???

0 Kudos