Improve several problems when writing wic images that include a partition.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve several problems when writing wic images that include a partition.

kiyoung
Contributor III

I would like to improve several problems when writing wic images that include a partition.

First, create a wic image by adding a partition in cooked mode. The contents of the wks.in file used are as follows.
part u-boot --source rawcopy --sourceparams="file=imx-boot" --ondisk mmcblk --no-table --align ${IMX_BOOT_SEEK}
part /boot --source bootimg-partition --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=vfat --label boot --active --align 8192 --size 64
part / --source rootfs --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=ext4 --label root --align 8192
part /data --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=ext4 --label data --align 8192 --fixed-size 24G
bootloader --ptable msdos

Successfully writes the resulting result to the device using the command below. It works well too.
uuu.exe -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-sd.bin-flash_evk imx-image-core-imx8mp-lpddr4-evk.wic.zst

There are two problems here.
1. The writng speed is too slow. Since the "data" partition is 24giga, writing takes a long time. The contents of the "data" partition are empty.
2. I want to create a specific folder in the “data” partition. Because it is a complex folder structure of about 100 megabytes, it is difficult to specify and include files one by one. I need a simple example that can contain folders

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kiyoung 

For Q1, writing speed is normal while data partition is 24GB.

For Q2, i think you need use bb file to create a folder and install data to this folder. The rootfs data can't be modified in WKS stage.

Please refer https://docs.yoctoproject.org/ref-manual/kickstart.html

0 Kudos

kiyoung
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

For Q1, writing speed is normal while data partition is 24GB.

In the case of other CPUs using fastboot, when the partition contents are empty, the writing time is not very long because the image size is not large. With mass production in mind, are there ways to improve it?

For Q2, i think you need use bb file to create a folder and install data to this folder. The rootfs data can't be modified in WKS stage.

I know how to put a specific folder in rootfs using a bb file. I was inquiring about how to insert a specific folder into the partition being created. I need a simple sample.

0 Kudos